Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
For Musitechnic.com and Musitechnic Adacemy
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way.
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
- When you sign up (newsletter, Musitechnic Academy, social networks and +) you give us certain information voluntarily. This can include your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share with us location data or photos. If you buy something on Musitechnic Academy, we will connect you to the online payment platforms WooCommerce and PayPal that will receive and treat your payment information, contact information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought.
- You can also give us permission to access provided by other services. If you are a student or graduate of Musitechnic you can use your Musitechnic GSuite account (Alphabet) for Education (also called “online Musitechnic Campus”) and provide us with data from your use of this service (including your location). The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our online presences.
- Whenever you use any website, mobile application or other internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use our website (musitechnic.com), Musitechnic Academy, our Youtube Channel and our Facebook page. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Musitechnic Academy or the Musitechnic.com, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, the address of and activity on our websites, searches, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used the web site, cookie data and device data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you’re using our sites on, including type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers share information with us
- We also get information about you and your activity outside of our sites from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. For example:
- Online advertisers or third parties share information with us to measure or improve the performance of ads, or to figure out what kinds of ads to show you. This includes a list of criterias used by our ads or how many clicks of these ads finish with a purchase or a contact request.
What we do with the info we collect:
- We use the information we collect to provide the service to you, to improve our services, develop new services, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users. For example, by logging how often people use two different versions of a page on our sites, we can understand which version is better. If you make a purchase on Musitechnic Academy via the services of Woocommerce and Paypal, these services can record your payment information, contact information so you can use them again for your next purchase.
- We also use the data collected to suggest personalised content, like:
- Suggesting blog, videos, training or else that could interest you. For example, if you have indicated that you are passionate about audio mixing or that you have consulted pages about this subject, we could propose other content related to this theme and susceptible to interest you.
- Proposing you other ads that could be of interest to you. For example, if you bought an online training on Musitechnic Academy, we could show you ads of other training related.
- In addition to the specific circumstances above, we’ll only use your information with your consent in order to:
- Send you marketing materials by email, text or push notification, depending on your account or operating system settings. Each time we send you marketing materials, we give you the option to unsubscribe.
- Answer your questions and comments.
Transferring your information:
- Musitechnic Academy is a worldwide service. By using its services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in Canada, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
Choices you have about your info:
- Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you have a Musitechnic Academy account, many of the choices you have are built directly into the platform services or your settings. For example, you can:
- Edit information in your profile at any time, decide whether your profile is available to other Musitechnic Academy members.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it.
- Somes choices will be available to you through the device or software you use to access our web sites. For example:
- The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location and other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
How and when we share information:
- It can happen that some of your information will be share with third parties. We share your information when:
- You did give your consent to share your information with other members of the Musitechnic Academy (selected in the account setting)
- When you buy on the Musitechnic Academy the transaction is made using WooCommerce and PayPal. Two services that have their own confidentiality and security systems. Their politics of confidentiality and marketing is applicable to the information shared with them.
How long we keep your information:
- We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
- You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us.
- Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account, such as when another user comments. We only send you marketing material if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
Our commitment to data security
The Musitechnic does not sell any personally identifiable information volunteered on the Musitechnic site to any third party. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, consistent with the policies of the Musitechnic.
All Musitechnic employees who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are under the obligation to respect the confidentiality of official business matters, including personal data.
How we make changes to this policy:
- We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Musitechnic web sites after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
- The best way to get in touch is at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also contact Musitechnic at 888 de Maisonneuve Est #440 tower 3, Montréal, Québec, Canada H2L 4S8.
- Telephone: 514-521-2060
Effective May 24, 2018