This is our old course, please reach the new 12-month course page to check out our currently offered program: Recording & Sound Design
The AUDIO AND MUSIC PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES PROGRAM
Learn sound recording techniques as well as sound design, game audio integration, live audio and music production techniques in one single program!
12 MONTHS / 4 DAYS per WEEK
Musitechnic has been teaching audio and music production techniques since 1987. Our one year AUDIO AND MUSIC PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES PROGRAM is given by professionals who work in the industry and prioritizes practical hands-on learning.
Each student has access to 9 studios and 3 labs 6 days a week to work on homework and personal projects.
Our well rounded program and many partnerships allow our students to maximize their chances of being able to make a living while enjoying their passion.
9 STUDIOS / 60 WORKSTATIONS
You start by learning the tools, the essential elements and audio principles.
- Learn to choose and configure your audio workstation
- Learn recording techniques
- Shape your sound with synthesis, sample your own sounds and use them in your music.
You’ll also learn the necessary techniques for your music and audiovisual productions.
- Design and adapt sound effects, foley and ambiance to your video and games
- Mix musical performances
- Get tips and tricks for mastering
- Learn music production techniques
Finally, work on various projects and prepare your portfolio.
- Build and design sounds for your audio/video demo and mix them in surround 5.1
- Work with a team to write, produce, record and mix/master a song
- Learn to do sound for live shows
- Build your resume and portfolio to get ready for the industry
- Get real feedback during a simulated interview
ATTESTATION OF COLLEGIAL STUDIES : NNC0F – AUDIO PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES
Musitechnic is recognized by the Quebec and Ontario Ministries of Education. Our students who sign up for THE AUDIO AND MUSIC PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES PROGRAM can benefit from government loans and bursaries and will get an ACS upon graduation. Our graduates also have the opportunity to apply for the equivalent professional certificates in both the United States and the European Union.
Once you have graduated you can request the Audio Technician Certificate which is the recognized equivalence in the U.S and corresponds to a 1 year post-secondary program.
EUROPEAN UNION CERTIFICATE
The Musitechnic diploma corresponds to a European Union level IV+1.
Musitechnic is the only Certified Canadian Steinberg Training Center and Musitechnic graduates are certified Cubase users.
Meet the teachers: Sonny Black